This is one of the best chest exercises since it incorporates several muscle groups and allows you to lift more weight than most chest exercises.
Starting Position: Lie on a flat bench with your feet firmly planted on the ground. Your arms should be on the bar a little wider than shoulder width apart.
Performing the Exercise: Lower the bar slowly to your chest and explode the weight up.
What not to do
- Do not lift your feet up from the ground
- Do not bounce the bar off your chest
- Keep your bottom on the bench (do not lift it)
- A slight arch in your back is ok
- You can vary the width or your arms to work more of your chest or triceps
- Use a controlled motion when lifting the weight. Keep the bar balanced
- Make sure you do a full rep going all the way to your chest!