Starting Position: Hold a dumbbell in each hand while seated at an end of a bench. Your palms should be facing in with your arms hanging to your side. Your feet should be shoulder width apart and, looking forward.
Performing the Exercise: Slowly raise your right arm, moving the weight towards your chest while you twist your wrist up. When you are at your peak slowly return the dumbbell to the starting position and simultaneously start lifting your left arm up performing the same motion.
What not to do
- Do not swing the weight up, using your legs to assist you
- Do not round your back – keep it straight
- Do not let your elbows move up or out from your body
- Squeeze your bicep as you reach the peak of the movement
- Keep your feet planted on the ground
- You can also perform this exercise by lifting both dumbbells at the same time