Starting Position: Grab a barbell with palms facing up and arms shoulder width apart or slightly narrower. Your feet should be shoulder width apart and you should be standing straight, facing forward.
Performing the Exercise: While the weight is hanging down in front of you, slowly raise the barbell towards your chest, while your elbows remain fixed at your side. When you are at your peak slowly return the bar to starting position.
What not to do
- Do not swing the weight up, using your legs to assist you
- Do not round your back – keep it straight
- Do not let your elbows move up or out from your body
- Squeeze your bicep as you reach the peak of the movement
- Focus on form and not the amount of weight lifted