Metabolic Cooking Review
Metabolic cooking is a fat loss nutrition program by Dave Ruel and Karine Losier. Their motto is that eating healthy does not have to be plain and boring.
The program claims to help males and females lose fat, increase their metabolism, and improve their physique through proper nutrition and tasty and healthy meals.
In this Metabolic Cooking Review, I will cover what the program is about, what to expect, and if it delivers the results. I will also be taking some of the recipes for a test drive myself, so check back with updates as I review a few of the recipes.
About the Authors
Dave Ruel is a successful fitness cook, bodybuilder, fitness enthusiast, and popular author of several health and fitness books including Anabolic Cooking. Dave is always looking for new recipes and nutrition tips to help others lose fat and stay healthy. Dave is always willing to answer your fitness questions and will definitely get you motivated to get in the best shape of your life.
Karine Losier known as the ‘Lean Kitchen Queen’ has a strong passion for food, fitness, and culinary adventures. She also has a Masters Psychology Degree, which helps her understand the psychological issues that people have with their weight and image and the importance of nutrition and a healthy diet.
Together they provide a lethal combination for helping anyone to tackle fat loss and cook healhty and tasty meals.
What is Metabolic Cooking
Metabolic cooking is jammed packed full of healthy metabolism boosting recipes and a complete nutrition guide.
It starts off with a complete nutrition guide of over 50 pages which introduces you to the philosophy of the Metabolic Nutri-Profile and how this will promote fat loss. You will also learn about the different foods and how to create a well balanced meal plan the promotes fat loss.
The Nutri-Profile is designated by F (Fats), P (Protein), C (Carbs), and V (Vegetables). As you can see from the screenshot below of a part of the Metabolic Cooking book, your meals are already planned for you. Just pick the meals that correspond to the profiles and that’s it.
- Chicken and Pultry
- Fish and Seafood
- Red Meat
In total there are over 200 fat burning recipes each complete with a nutrition profile and directions on how to make. See the screenshot below showing one of the recipes found in the chicken and poultry recipe book. You can see it is designated with PF (Protein, Fat), so it is easy to pick the meals you need to eat during the day. Just match the meals the meal plan that is discussed in the nutrition guide.
Below is the picture of Chicken Piccata from Metabolic Cooking
Metabolic Cooking Pros
- High quality unique recipes that are tasty and healthy
- Easy to follow, no guesswork is needed
- Excellent support
- Makes it easy to create meal plans and stick to your diet
- Fat Loss oriented
Metabolic Cooking Cons
- The program is focused on nutrition and cooking healthy recipes. If you are looking for more of a workout and or strength training program this may not be for you. Although, this would be a great compliment to any program out there as you always need healthy recipes to follow.
Does it Work: The Results?
I have no doubt that Metabolic Cooking will boost your metabolism and help you lose fat. The diet is simple to follow and there are so many meal choices to choose from so it is hard to go wrong. Unlike other diets and programs, Metabolic Cooking shows you exactly what meals to choose from so there is no guesswork.
I have tried several of the recipes and they are easy to prepare and taste great. It is also great to know that you are eating healthy be picking any one of the meals. Just follow the simple concept of picking the meals or snacks by protein, fat, or carbs and you will defiantly see results.
I actually tried the nutrition profile and several of the recipes for about 2 weeks leading up to my vacation in Cancun, and I defiantly leaned up and lost a few lbs of fat! I can only imagine if I followed it for 2-3 months.
Anyone can benefit from these recipes. I know that I am always looking for healthy recipes since I get tired of the same old chicken and rice dishes.
Here is one of the recipes I tried:
Halibut Pico De Gallo
- 2 Services
- 2 halibut fillets (6oz each)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Pinch black pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 375oF. Spread 1 teaspoon olive oil evenly on a sheet of aluminum foil. Place halibut on the foil.
- To make pico de gallo, mix together tomato, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Top evenly with pico de galo. To close foil packet, bring two opposite long sides of foil up to meet center; fold edges over twice.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes.
Overall it tasted great, especailly if you like Pico. You can also try using this recipes on other fish like red snapper or tilapia.
Another Picture I took:
I also added two other recipes to the site for you to check out: