I was privileged to get an advanced copy of Metabolic Cooking and tried a few of the recipes in the book.
Here is the recipe for Salsa Marinated Steak
- 2 sirloin steaks (4oz each)
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried organo
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Make marinade: combine salsa, lime juice, garlic, oregano, and cumin. Reserve 2 tablespoons marinade.
- Place beef steaks in a re-sealable plastic bag; add remaining
marinade (minus 2 tablespoons), turning to coat.
- Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 8 hours
(or overnight), turning occasionally.
- Cook in a skillet or on a grill until desired doneness, brush
with the reserved marinade as it cooks.
I really enjoyed the salsa steak. I actually love salsa but have never tried the two together. I added some green beans to the meal to complete it.
Here are some pics