Here is another recipe I tried from Metabolic Cooking by Dave Ruel and Kathrine.
Super Spicy Citrus Chicken Ingredients
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken
- breasts (4oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon natural honey
- Pinch of stevia
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Sauté the chicken in the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cover the pan and tilt the lid.
- While it’s sautéing, mix together the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, ginger, stevia and honey.
- After the chicken has turned golden on both sides (about 4 to5 minutes per side), pour the lime juice mixture into the skillet. Turn the breasts over to coat both sides. Sauté for another 2 to
3 minutes on each side and move the chicken to serving plates.Scrape the liquid from the pan over the chicken.
- Scatter sliced scallions and chopped cilantro
over each portion and serve.
I really loved this meal. I get tired of the same old boring chicken breast that I cook and this was a great change of pace. I did this on the stove but you could also grill it and probably will taste even better.
I added corn to supplement the chicken. You could also add rice or potatoes if you needed the carbs.
More pics of the meal