Workout Goal: Lose fat while firming the muscles and building strength
Features: Full Body Workout
If you’re someone who either doesn’t the time to hit the gym every day or simply prefers the comfort of working out at home, a home workout program is the perfect option for you. Don’t ever let yourself think that you can’t see great fitness benefits simply from performing a series of exercises right in your very own living room.
If you have a firm idea of which exercises to perform and how to go about doing them, you can definitely add more muscle definitions, reshape your body, and see the results that you’re looking for.
Best of all, with a two minute walk to your workout zone, you won’t waste any time so you can easily complete these in thirty minutes or less.
This home workout program is great for the beginner who doesn’t currently have any fancy pieces of fitness equipment at their disposal but who still wants to burn calories, tone their muscles, and improve their figure. All you’ll need is your body weight and a set of dumbbells.
- Start with a very brief five minute warm-up of either walking around the house, marching in place, or by skipping.
- Make sure to perform each exercise at a slow and controlled pace to reap the full benefits of the increased muscle tension.
- Try and keep up the pace of the workout as best as possible – if you extend the rest periods too long you will significantly decrease the overall intensity of the workout session
- Add some cardio training on the days in between the workouts, keeping them to moderate intensity and performing them for 20-40 minutes per session – either go out side for a run or bike ride or perform some type of aerobics/cardio video
- Perform the workout using a Monday/Wednesday/Friday set-up or a Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday or Sunday set-up alternating between workout A and workout B
|Bodyweight Squat||3||15||45 seconds|
|Kneeling Push-up||3||15||45 seconds|
|Walking Lunge||3||15/leg||45 seconds|
|Bicep Curls||2||12||30 seconds|
|Standing calf raise off a stair||20||30 seconds|
|Lying Leg Raise||2||15||30 seconds|
|Jump Squat||3||15||45 seconds|
|Dumbbell Chest Press||3||15||45 seconds|
|Stationary Lunge||3||15/leg||45 seconds|
|Dumbbell Rows||3||10||45 seconds|
|Chair Dips||2||15||30 seconds|
|Standing calf raise off a stair||2||20||30 seconds|
|Lateral Raises||2||15||30 seconds|
|Plank Exercise||2||15||30 seconds|